Akureyri – Whale Watching
Join a boat tour from Akureyri harbour
Whale watching in Akureyri in excellent conditions, calm waters and first-class boats with experienced guides.
Departing from Torfunefsbryggja harbour right in the heart of Akureyri town this roughly 3 hour tour takes you out cruising through prime whale viewing areas in first class comfort on board The Ambassador; a fast, stable and safe boat custom built for whale watching.
This tour offers the full whale watching and wildlife experience with professional guides that help to enrich your knowledge and understanding of the fjord‘s ecosystem, geology, history and folklore.
Convenient location, comfortable tour length and an excellent rate of sightings makes this the perfect day trip for travellers in North Iceland.
Departures from Akureyri
From Torfunefsbryggja harbour – at the towns center down from the main church. Depending on season there are either two or three departures per day. Choose a desired date from the booking panel on the right and it will display the number of departures and times for that date.
Tour fact sheet
- Approximately three hour whale watching tour
- Six different watching platforms
- 360° panorama from top deck
- Commentary through on board sound system
- Heated indoor cabin with toilet facilities
- Comfortable cushioned seats & ample space
- Light snacks, sandwiches, coffee, beer & soft drinks available on board
Whales, orcas, dolphins or other sea wildlife